Thursday, May 3, 2012

Are Mormons Christian?

So I had a great friend message me on Facebook that was bothered by all of the negative posts and comments she was seeing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, also known as "Mormons."
This is about the 3rd time lately that I have heard a comment from someone on facebook that is blatantly anti Mormon, to the point of saying they worship a false god. I have never heard this. I know many Mormons and they serve the same God we do, just in a different way. Please tell me what this animosity is against them. I'm absolutely not trying to start an argument. I'm truly curious to hear the answer and learn what others believe.

She then shared the explanations and responses of here say that has been known to circulate the web.

And to those of you who may be sincerely wondering I thought I would lend my response.

 "Are Mormons Christians?"


   I would like explain there is only one way to really know.
  Go to the Source. It is a great way to ensure you get credible information.

And a more direct source than that would be to Pray and ask. i think too often we as Christians forget that on our journey of faith we are to ask questions in prayer. In Matthew 21;21-22


 21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have afaith, and bdoubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this cmountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
 22 And all athings, whatsoever ye shall bask in cprayer, believing, ye shall receive.

That is a promise from God. If we ask, He will answer. If we truly have faith in Christ, we need not be afraid to ask God "are Mormons Christians" "is what they teach true?" Has Christ really restored His church on the earth today the same as he has anciently?" "Is the Book of Mormon True?" "Is Joseph Smith thy Prophet?"

I know God will answer these questions. He has done so for me and millions of others. If we are sincere seekers of truth, shall we not rely on the source of all truth?

In James chapter one verses five and six it reads;


 aIf any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that cgiveth to all men liberally, and dupbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 But let him aask in bfaith, nothing cwavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

The pattern of prayer and asking in faith has been a pattern in my life that has only brought greater joy and happiness on multiple questions I have faced in life. This scripture promotes faith and not fear. And as Christians we know it is by faith that we are lead.

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I shall definitely refer to this the next time someone is seeking the answer to this question...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Sister Bishop!

    ReplyDelete