Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Joy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ


   Last month my comanion and I were invited to speak at a chruch youth conference entitled, Especially For Youth. we were asked to help teach the youth how they can have more experiences sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with their friends and those they meet.
  We had a wonderful experience and loved having the opportunity to hear these teens share amazing stories and experiences where they had been able to defend, stand up and invite others to learn more about what they believe.
  As I heard their stories I was reminded of a scripture in the Book of Mormon, in 3rd Nephi 12:16;

 16 Therefore let your alight so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and bglorify your Father who is in heaven.

I know that this is God's work. And that we are His children and he wants us to be a light and example to others. Sharing the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me the greatest joy I have ever known. I know that when we let our hands become His hands we experience greater joy as we seek to lift and build others.


We met so many counselors that had their paper work in to go and serve missions or were getting ready to go and we even met a girl who had been home for 7 months from her mission. They had so much light and were so excited and ready to serve and be "Sister Missionaries!"


I am so amazed and so thankful that God calls on us at this time in our lives, for the courage and example that all these women have to go out and serve the Lord and live the joy of the gospel for themselves as they lift and testify to others of the divinity and reality of Jesus Christ.
  

I am just so amazed at the faith of the rising generation, their faith just gets stronger and stronger. So many young girls came up after the activity and took pictures with us and expressed so much desire to serve and share the gospel with their friend.
I was like, "wow, I definitely don't remember having so much courgae and determination at their age. It was just so cool to see.

Awhile back I recieved a message on facebook from an amazing young woman in our ward. (I want to grow up to be just like her).
Sister Bishop,

I know you probably won't remember this, but it has been on my mind for months. Back in February, we had New Beginnings and when I was at your station you asked me what my favorite YW value was. I told you it was Faith but couldn't explain why. Ever since that time it has bothered me. I've been trying to figure out within myself why faith really is so important. I guess it's one of those things I've been taught my whole life, but never took the time to find out on my own. So, after months of prayer and pondering here is my delayed answer to your question. Faith is my favorite because it is the foundation for everything else in the gospel. It is faith in Jesus Christ that influences my actions every day of my life. Without it, I would be lost. I've been reading the book, Jesus the Christ, and as I learn of His example, it is Faith that He is the Son of God that allows me to turn to those teachings for guidance. I have Faith that keeping the commandments will bring forth blessings, even though I often can't see the results of my actions immediately. One of my favorite hymns is "I Believe in Christ" and this line is one of my favorites: "I Believe in Christ, So come what may. With Him I'll stand in that great day." As I face the trials of life, it is Faith that we can one day return to our home in Heaven that encourages me to try to stay strong. I know that my Savior lives with all my heart and that if I put my trust in Him, He will lead. Faith is what has led me to know this, and what has given me the desire to go on a mission and share the message of the gospel with others. I know that was kind of long, but I just had to share this with you so I could finally get it off my mind. I guess I'm in some ways Im a perfectionist (although I'm far from being perfect) so this would bother me for a long time if I never answered your question... :)

It is people like my friend here that I know God's work will continue to grow, and more and more people will be come to know the love of the Savior because of their faith and desire to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment